Journey to 26.2 Day 105: Rest and Recovery and What I Ate

Holy Moly am I sore this morning!!

I am sore literally all over. My neck is sore, my hips, my legs, and my sides. 

But...


I love the feeling even if it sucks. Unfortenally, I have to work tonight, I scheduled myself to close which I am so thankful for. I slept in this morning, really late, 11!!

I haven't slept in that late in forever. Yesterday, I didn't hardly nap, which was different for me and I made it up today. It felt great, despite the fact of howy body feels. I used today as a rest and recovery day rather than a XT day because of how I was feeling. I did that last time when I ran 15 and I felt really good and rested for the week.


Yes!!! 

I'm still on cloud 9 I did those 17 miles and I have to put in around 30+ miles this week!! I am half way there! I'm off of work on Saturday and very excited that means I can sleep in AND run!! Woohoo.

I was a little bit of a hungry monster yesterday too..

Here are my eats of the day after the run..


Egg White Scramble Bowl

All Whites Egg whites
2 Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Light
Avocado 
3 Turkey Sausafes
Sweet Peppers

This was after I was showered and could finally put my legs up.



Another type of bowl..

Chili Lime Chicken Burger
Peppers
Brown Rice
black Beans
Spicy black bean dip
Salsa
Fire Roasted Peppers

Chopped up the chicken and mixed it all together, it was ahhhhmazing


Dinner

Sweet potatoes
Cream corn
Steak
And chick peas with fat free feta

James cooked the steak it was perfect!!


And my 5th meal, kind of! 

Peanut Butter Cheerios
Trader Joe's strawberry O's
fat free milk

This was delicious!!

I also ate some rice cakes and a protein bar.

I think I did really well. I could have went all out and ate a lot of junk but I made food with lots of protein and power. I am definitely getting much better at this.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection