Crock Pot Fav: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

I love cooking when it is quick and easy. I am all about convenience and one that results in lots of leftovers for lunches or another dinner. Plus, I love my crock pot, its like my own personal chef. Just throw whatever you want in there and it does the rest. Since I am feeling a little bit tired today, I knew I didn't want to throw a huge meal together.

I have made this recipe numerous times because it is so quick and easy. I had originally found it on Pinterest.

Three ingredients, 5-6 hours of cook time and how you eat or prepare it is all up to you.

4-5 frozen or defrosted Chicken Breasts
1 can of Crushed Pineapple in its own fruit juice
1 bottle of BBQ sauce, any flavor works well, I chose to use Honey Mustard this time around

Spray your crock pot with some Pam cooking spray or use one of those amazingly awesome Crock Pot liners.

Put chicken in and dump in the rest right on top. I drained the can of pineapple a bit and then dumped it in and dumped the bottle of BBQ sauce on top.

Then I cooked it on low for 5-6 hours. I checked the chicken at the 5 hour time frame, I took out each piece and shredded the chicken into a bowl.

Shredding chicken is a lot easier than you think. I just take two forks and pull the chicken back and forth. I did it to each piece then put it back into the crock pot and let cook on low for about an hour more.


James and I ate them on sandwich thins, like pulled chicken sandwiches. I paired it with a side of sweet potato fries and a side salad.

You can also serve it over rice of your choice, I usually choose brown or with potatoes. You can also choose to not shred it either and just eat whole.

It was super delicious and the left overs were overflowing. We will be eating this for days.

A typical serving is about 3/4 cups or about 5pp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone