Morning Of Day 1 of Michelob Ultra Amber Challenge: 15k & 5k

Good Morning!!!!

It is super early and when my alarm went off at 4:00, I almost forgot what today was. I was in such a good, deep sleep, I was wondering what was really going on haha. But then I hopped out of bed, ready to go.

My morning routine for a race is pretty easy and simple. I always shower the night before, because I am going to get sweaty anyway, no reason to shower now. I never wear make-up, no point. I get dressed. Toast my waffles and enjoy with PB2. I get up early, so I can a couple of moments like this before I have to leave. Just so I can collect my thoughts, enjoy the quite and think and prepare myself.



I take my vitamins and grab a banana for the road with my Powerbar Energy Blend to have before hand. Everything I am taking with me is packed and ready to go. I treat these days just like I would treat training runs. I don't add anymore pressure, etc. Because today and tomorrow are just about running.

I am doing these races, not for the bragging rights or to see how fast I can go. I have never done an official 15k before, so this is new to me. The last real 5k race I did was the Turkey Trot, where we walked most of it. And signing up for a Challenge, where it is back to back long runs, I mean this is way out of my comfort zone.

I am doing this because I know I can do this. I know I can push my body to its limits and it will respond accordingly. I am not nervous about finishing, because I know no matter what I will finish. I am just going out there and running, just like I would do any other day.

I run for the fun of it all. I run for the experience and the atmosphere. I know I will never be first, and its okay if I am ever last. I run because it is my time and its what I love to do. Will I be the only person out there today running with a beeper, nope not at all. I will be continuing my run/walk intervals, just like I always do. Not sure with the 5k, since it is a small distance, see how I feel.

But I am ready. I am good to go.

So here is to the first round of awesomeness today!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection