Friday the 13th and a much needed Rest Day

Well today did not go as planned or per plan.

I woke up with no energy and absolutely no desire to go to the gym or put on my running shoes, I just wanted to sleep in and lay around for as long as I could until work. I figured I would work out after work rather than before.

Just when I was starting to feel guilty about that and I was forcing myself, the sky opened up and buckets of rain poured down.

I took it as a sign and went back to bed for a bit.

I mean everything in me did not want to work out, as much as I tried to convince myself, I just could not do it.

I went to work and even went to Starbucks to get another cup or coffee and I was craving a diet Dr. Pepper, I think I want sodium.

Just as I was leaving work, the sky opened yet again, it did it all day long, welcome to summer in Florida. I was feeling just blah and tired and all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch in my sweats and just lay down all night. James picked up Pei Wei, which I was very grateful for and I am doing just that.

While tomorrow is suppose to be my rest day, I traded it for today. My body was screaming to me, just rest, get it while you can, so I am doing just that. Tomorrow morning I am going to either go for a run or the gym, depending on the weather. I am hoping for a run, but the weather has been so off.

I used to just take rest days to take rest days, but now I really, really know what they mean and how important they really are. Between work, working out and life in general, I am getting a little bit beat, so a cozy night is just what the running doctor ordered.

Back to it tomorrow

Happy Friday the 13th!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone