Week 7 Begins, Journey to 26.2 Day 43 & My Sunshine

Lets just say once I get hooked on a show, I am hooked!!

I stayed up to 1:30 this morning, watching Orange. I couldn't stop and seriously if I didn't have a long run this morning, I would have stayed up finish the whole thing. Damn you Netflix.

I set my alarm for 5 and I thought for sure, I was going to be dragging some serious ass. But my alarm scared the crap out of me and made me jump, so I woke up pretty quickly.

I decided to try out my new shirt from Old Navy, light color, loose and fits great.


I am starting to see a difference in my legs for sure, they are shaping up, but that butt of mine, ugh. I think I need to start doing some squats for sure.

I found this quote too because of course before I run, you gotta take a selfie and post to Instagram with a quote :0)


I love everything about this quote, how simple it is and how it speaks exactly to me and my training. I am no one special, I don't run fast, I wasn't born a runner, I hated running in school. Just one day I took a few step and went with it. I signed up for half's and races and went with it and now the marathon. I just decided to go for it. It speaks to all aspects of my life. It really describes exactly who I am!

Today was 9 miles.  I got downtown a little after 6 and ended right before 8. I wasn't paying too much attention to my pace, just more to how I was feeling. It is hot and so humid in the morning, so I just want to get the miles in, no matter how fast or slow I accomplish them. I was having some pain here and there, but nothing mind over matter. 

I tried a new protein bar and it didn't sit right with my stomach at all, so I wont be doing that again for sure. I did stop to pee once, I think it was all in my head but I figured I should and then used the water fountain to get nice cold water, since I drank all four bottles on my belt. I need to get a Camelbak ASAP because my fuel belt is driving me a bit crazy.

I was dripping in sweat, dripping, that you could ring out my hair and a puddle of sweat was there, yuck. But I got the miles in and over with.


When I was done, I cooled down with some stretching and a slow walk. I was catching the sun rising some over the water and I could feel my father all around me. I could see him in the water, feel his warmth through the sun and the sweat and heat was him telling me I will be okay.

See running for me isn't just about training or weight loss or exercise. Most of the time for me it is a way for me to connect with my dad. Where I run is where I spread his ashes and released him. It is my place that I go to feel at home with him.

So after a long run, when I am feeling defeated or thrilled or just excited, I can't call him, but I know he is a around me. He is the air I breathe, he is my sunshine rising over the water and setting in the distance.

I miss him so much at times, it hurts everything inside of me. I think about him often while I am running and listening to songs that remind me of him. I know, I know he is all around me, but God what I would give just to see him again or see him at that finish line. So every time I am done running or getting close to the end, I run a little faster around these parts, I run to the imaginary finish line, I am hoping he is seeing.

Training is starting to bring out another side of me and I am glad my Father is looking down on me each and every mile...










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection