Post #400, Week 9 End & Day 69

Holy Moly, I have posted 400 posts. Wow, its amazing I have had that much to talk about but who am I kidding, I could go on and on for days, this brain of mine, it wanders haha.

So its post 400, the last day of week 9 in Marathon training, which means Day 69 and almost the end of June.

Wow where does the time go.

This morning since I took an extra rest day yesterday, I knew I had to get up and run, not a long or hard effort run, just some miles, so I put in 3.

Yup, I am back in Florida with the humidity. It sticks to you like glue for sure. I was having some calve issues, especially my right one. It was just so tight, made it hard to get into a motion and groove. I know it had to do with the hills from earlier this week. I walked for a few extra seconds each time and it felt okay.

It was a sweaty 3 miles and believe me I did not want to run them. I made every excuse but I know if I didn't I would feel guilty. I mean it isn't about how fast or hard or slow I go, it is about getting my mind, body and spirit all in a line to get me across that finish line. Luckily, I work today until 5 and then it is non-stop for me today after.

Grocery shopping, unpacking and cleaning this apartment are in order. I am off tomorrow because we have a corporate visit all week, and I don't want to waste a lot of my day off tomorrow doing all that kind of stuff. Its going to be a long and tedious day, but I mean I just came back from vacation, gotta get back in the swing of things lol.

So 9 weeks down and I am surprised and proud of how far I have come. Getting up every morning, or night, or afternoon. Putting in the effort, sweating out the good and the bad and making it happen. They say it takes 28 days to create a habit, well, I have surpassed that and I am scaling over it.

Here is to week 10 and climbing that mileage ladder!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection