Journey to 26.2 Day 45: Humid Early Run with Foot Pain

5:45 comes super quick when you don't sleep all that great. I was tossing and turning a lot last night and just couldn't turn off my mind, but the alarm still went off. The beautiful part though, before I would hit snooze or reset the alarm or make an excuse not to get up, but today I did not. I shuffled out of the bed and into my running clothes and made it outside.

Geez was it humid! I mean the moment I stepped outside, I was blasted with the humidity. I made it through my typical 3 miles, drenched and dripping in sweat. I got ready quickly for work and had some major foot pain. I tried out some new inserts for my shoes yesterday, they are specifically for plantar fasciitis. I wore them in my shoes yesterday but when I got home, I was in a lot of pain, so I rolled, stretched and iced my foot at night.

On my run, it didn't hurt all that bad, but I felt the pain after. I rolled and wore the inserts in my shoes today. For a good couple of hours, it really hurt, I mean really, really hurt. I was rubbing the arch of my foot on anything and everything, to dull the pain. I took the inserts out and tried with out for a couple of hours and then put them back in. A friend of mine told me, it was something to ease into and get used to them, my foot had to get used it and it would hurt for a bit because I wasn't used to that high arch.

I took the advice and it started to feel much better. Since I didn't go to Weight Watchers today for a weigh in, I changed it to tomorrow, I went to dinner and then iced my foot for a good 25 minutes. Now that I did that and took some pain relief, it feels much, much better, like a whole better!

I haven't suffered much pain since I started running, so I knew I was due for something, but I do not want this pain anymore, it sucks!! But I am trying to control it now and not let it get any worse.

Okay, so tomorrow is weigh in day and I am really, really hoping for a result.

Be back tomorrow to report the news!

Comments

  1. Oh no! That sucks that the inserts hurt you! I have a really high arch anyway, so they were great for me. Foot pain has gotta be the worst!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection