Journey to 26.2 Day 55: 5 Mile Vacation

So even though I am vacation, my training does not stop, I am very strict about that for sure.

I wasn't feeling so great this morning, since yesterday I was up all day long and didn't go to sleep  until 10:45 last night, even though I had been up since 2:00 am. I slept great and got up at 6:45. Everyone was starting to get up, so I sat and got caught up on my social stuff and enjoyed a big cup of coffee.

Probably not the best idea considering I never, ever drink coffee before I run, especially when I planned to run 5 miles. I got dressed and set myself up to go. I am not familiar with the area at all, so I just thought I would run until I hit 2.5 miles and then turn around and head back to my Uncles. The weather is great, very low humidity but a bit hot. Not having humidity was great!!

My stomach was hurting me a bit due to sleep, the coffee and probably because my Uncle loves to drink and I have become his partner in crime. Yeah I will be indulging in some drinks this weekend and week, but hey, vacation is only once in a while, and I hardly ever drink, but my body is not used to it.

I got the my miles in but I decided to change my run-walk-run to 2:30/:30. I did the first 3 miles at my old 4:1 and then changed it and let me say, it made all of a difference. I was having some issues the first bit and then it all fell into place for me. My breathing became better and my pace was feeling comfortable. 

I am glad I got the 5 miles in and felt really good after and my pace was much faster than I thought, which is always a nice surprise.

Now we are spending the rest of the day, relaxing and taking it all in, tomorrow is the wedding and I plan on getting at least 3 miles in before, so I can enjoy a piece of cake later on, of course. 

I am still tracking this week, mindfully, put I am not holding back at all. I want to enjoy these happy occasions and being around my family.

Happy Friday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection