Day 8: Week 2 Begins

This is probably going to be my motto from here on out:



Seriously!

Last night, I stayed up with James and our friend, Mr. Larry to watch the Floyd Mayweather fight, which ended at 1:30 am! I don't even really like boxing but I knew with them watching it, I probably wouldn't get much sleep. BIG MISTAKE. I fell asleep at 1:30 and then woke up in a pool of sweat at 4:00 and found James sleeping on the couch. I got him to come to bed and then I couldn't fall back to sleep. I was so mad at myself. I knew I wanted to get up at 6:00 to go downtown and run, but that clearly was not going to happen.

As per training, I just had to run 4.5 miles this morning. I decided to sleep in a bit and try to regain some sleep and run around my neighborhood since there aren't that many cars on the road this early and because I had a 4.5 mile route already mapped out. So I got some more sleep and then headed out.

I went to Old Navy yesterday and used my 20.00 Super Cash coupon I had gotten weeks ago and of course I picked up some new running and working out gear. I seriously can never have too much!


The top is a small and super light weight. I love it! It didn't ride up and fit great. The pants were a bit big, a medium! So I had to hike them up a bit and wait until I started sweating so they would latch on, if not they were starting to fall down. I took my beeper with me and still did the 6:1's. But the heat is definitely out there and I am glad I am starting over with the marathon training and basically starting from scratch because when I do my longer runs, doing 3:1's or 2:1's is really going to help. 

I also tried ProBar Organic Energy Chews before my run. I received them in my Runnerbox subscription and I love them. They really push you and keep you going, especially because I was dragging a bit this morning. 4-5 chews are only 90 calories, not bad at all. I sat in the 11:30 time pace and I am happy with that. I am moving and grooving and it feels really great. There is nothing like the satisfaction of sweat just pouring down your back and all over to show you a  job well done.

Today is my only day off from work because we are in Mother's Day Peak Week. It is a pretty big holiday for my store, so managers work 6 days, I don't mind, hey extra money and hours work for me. So considering it is my only day off, I plan on not worrying about cleaning or laundry, etc, I am going to relax and head to the beach for a couple of hours.

Hope you have a great day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection