Journey to 26.2 Day 18 & My First Massage

I started my day off right this morning by using a Groupon I had gotten months ago. I almost forgot I had it. I got a great deal on it too, 20.00 for a 60 minute massage. And this came at the best time. I have never gotten one before and was kind of nervous. I didn't know what to do or god forbid if I did something, you know my stomach can be all kinds of crazy in the morning.

My appointment was at 10 and it was right down the street from our place. It is a studio of one guy and he was very nice. Turns out he is from Albany, which is where I am from. I told him the areas I was concerned about, my upper back, I have had a lot of tension there and of course my legs. He did 45 minutes on my back side and then 15 minutes on my front. I tried to relax as much as I could, but my mind was wondering, but I did relax for a lot of it. I was very comfortable and it really felt great, especially on my calves. I could have spent the whole 60 minutes on my calves next time.

After the massage, I definitely decided I would be going back again before the marathon and after of course. He was nice and I felt at ease. I went to Aldi after and stocked up on some stuff we needed. I love Aldi because it is so expensive and have a great produce section. I was feeling extremely tired after the massage that when I got home, I ate some lunch and took a nice long nap. My body and mind have been so tired with work and personal drama, that it said, we need rest.

Then when I got up from my nap, it was pouring raining and today was a walk or XT day, so I went over to our little gym in our complex. I took my Nook and finished a book I was reading, of course I will post that soon. I did 45 minutes on the bike, using the rolling hills course and then did 15 minutes using weights, crunches and lunges.

My hunger spiked again, so I am enjoying some pita crackers. I have been having such a craving for "crunchy" items today, thankfully I am not turning to regular chips, I have some pita crackers, but they can be dangerous all on their own.

I am so glad I had these two days off, I feel good and can check off my bucket list of the year, to get a real massage.

Comments

  1. The nice long nap you had after the massage was proof that it worked its way to your mind and body, as it helped you relax and destress. I hope that helped you retune yourself for the marathon, and the other things you had to do the following days. Well, I guess it goes without saying that you should give this reward to yourself more often. Good day!

    William Connors @ The Healing Station

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! It seems that your first massage session was a success. What kind of massage did you get? The hard one or the soft one? Anyway, since you enjoyed it, you can reward yourself a massage, every once in a while, if you want to or anytime you feel you need it. Thanks for sharing that, Angelina! All the best to you!

    Marshall Copeland @ Baja Medi Spa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone