Overnight Oats: Peanut Butter & Banana

I am back with my Overnight Oats kick!!!

If you have been reading or following me on Facebook and Instagram, I went on an Overnight Oats obsession a while back. I made those bad boys multiple times a week. But due to over exposure, they died out for me. Plus if I eat the same thing over and over, I tend to get tired with it.

But I was looking the other day for something to make for breakfast that was quick and easy. Yesterday, since I ran in the morning and then had to go right to work right after, I knew I wasn't going to have time to make my egg whites. And I didn't want waffles or cereal, so I grabbed my old friends, Old Fashioned Oats.

And then this baby was created, one of the best ones yet, if I do say so myself.

I couldn't find the tops to my mason jars, random I know, so I mixed everything into a tupperwear container with a lid. It worked just as great, if not even better!


1/4 cup of Old Fashioned Oats (not cooked)-2pp
2 Tablespoons of PB2-1pp
1 container of Yoplait Light Banana Cream Pie Light Yogurt-2pp
1 Tablespoon of Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk-0pp
1 Banana, cut up into pieces
1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds-1pp (not shown)

Mix everything together in your storage of choice and put in the fridge until the morning.

Don't heat up, just eat cold. I know it seems crazy and different, but I promise you, it is a GameChanger!!


After my run, I was able to make my coffee and throw this into my lunch bag and bring to work with me. It was filling and super yummy! The chia seeds made the mixture bulk up a bit and the PB2 gave it a perfect PB taste. Note, I did not add water to the PB2, I just used it in its powder form, mixing it in with the yogurt and milk, gave it is texture.

Overnight Oats are back in my life again. I find it a great way to get in some protein when I use Greek yogurt, some fruit and even dairy. The chia seeds are an added bonus. But these will be perfect for those early morning runs or coming back from a long one.

I think I have some other ones in mind and adding protein powder too, it give it more staying power.

This one was definitely inspired by the King, Himself, I think he would have approved :0)




Okay side note, while searching for an Elvis and Peanut Butter with Banana sandwich picture, yes I did put that in the Google search box, these came up...


HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Where the heck can I find these???!! This would be a total cheat meal for me!!!! Omg! Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana. My mouth is literally watering...

sadly these were introduced in 2007...womp womp womp..

But I did have this at Yogurtology last night...

And I was all SHOOK UP!!!

Like what I did there!

Have a happy Breakfast!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection