Journey to 26.2 Day 26: Four Mile Run, Broken Car & Packet Pick Up

Today was a day!!!

I am sitting here stress eating almonds and my mind is going a mile a minute. I mean there could be worse things I could binge eat, but these almonds are being killed. I thought I could just have a couple of pistachios, but that opened the Flood gates for me. I can have self control, I know it, but I wont enjoy something sweet for dinner because of it.

So I say..

Okay well today started off just how I wanted. I got up with my alarm at 6:30, got dressed quickly, had a couple energy chews and then went out for my 4 mile run. It was a really good run, even a couple of times, I felt like I was just gliding along.

I pictured myself as a Gazelle, but I mean lets me real.. not gonna happen.

After my run I enjoyed my recovery EAS lean and toned drink, worked on some bills and emails, set up my flight for my family vaca in June and then got ready quickly for work. Packed my lunch quickly and grabbed a Smart Ones Breakfast and with coffee in hand, started to work.

Then the day just crumbled.

I got into my car and AGAIN it wouldn't start. I AM PISSED. It will turn by not turn over, everything works but it just wont kick in. I just wanted it to go, just start and I can continue on with my day. I had plans after work to go and pick up my Color Me Rad stuff I won, I was gonna run some errands, do all kinds of things and now I am stuck.

Luckily James took me to work and then I had a pity party. My car wont start, I have to put even more money into that AGAIN, I have all kinds of bills tomorrow on pay day, I have stuff I wanted to get and now I cant. I have to take the bus or bother James at times. It is just a pain in the ass.

I have to get it towed, pay for that, wait for them to fix it, its a holiday weekend, so I am sure they won't do it until Tuesday. I mean cant I just catch a break. I have so many bills do to credit cards, my dad was paying, Student loans, I paid for all my college through them because my parents didn't have money, I pay all my bills and cards and then just try to live, work and train for a marathon, which the last part is the only thing that keeps me sane.

I mean it just sucks at times!

I am miss Positive Polly all the time, but for a good 2 hours today, I just felt like crap. I wanted to go home curl in a ball, have a good cry, take a nap and just be miserable with how I was feeling. But I couldn't, I had to work, I had to jump back into it and organize myself.

Man oh man... once gathering myself. I called the car place and getting my car towed tomorrow, my BFF Jen told me she would pick me up and we could get the packets together after work and drive on Saturday and just made a list and buckled down.

I know everything will work out and it will all be okay, but I would just love some months were it just falls into place.

But I guess that wouldn't be life then...

After work Jen picked me up and we got our packets..


While the shirts are cotton and not something I would run in, I love it as an every day shirt or gym shirt. I love the colors in it and you get a free pair of sunglasses. Last year, I got pink but they were out of all colors except for Green and Yellow. So I chose yellow. They are polarized and are awesome for the beach too. We got stickers too and our bib numbers, anytime I get an 8, I am happy. 8 is my second favorite number after 18 :0). At the finish line they give you a color packet to use and your get color bombed at each 1/2 mile I believe. I am super stocked to just let off some steam and have a blast for a few hours.

I am so glad Jen picked me up and was willing to take me, we had a great car ride over and just had some girl time for a couple of hours. We work together at different stores, we talk through out the day, but its nice to just be outside of work together. She is my work rock! I called her today when I was feeling down and out and she knows just how to get me back. I adore this lady to death.

Now feeling much better and done eating the almonds with this post, I am ready to just unwind a bit tonight and sleep good.

Tomorrow is a new day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone